Re: Havah Nagilah

At 08:27 PM 5/3/99 -0400, you wrote:
>>>The Texas "polka" group Brave Combo have a "twist" version of Hava Nagilah.
>
>> On what album (CD?), pray tell?  TIA.
>
>I heard them do it in concert just days ago, and then I went back to check
>some CDs of theirs I have, but couldn't find it. Could be it wasn't recorded,
>but I could've sworn it was. Sorry I can't be more definite.
>-Roni

I have the same feeling. I could swear that it is on the album with
the hokey pokey, but, instead there is a wonderfully twisted version
of Nigun Atik. But I've certainly heard them play it recently. And
every album or two, they slip in something Israeli or Jewish.

ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
http://www.ivritype.com/