A letter to President Clinton, members of Congress, NATO leaders and General Clark

I am posting this message on this list, but please do not send any
comments about this post to the list.   If you have any comments
whatsoever, please send them to me directly.
Please help me disseminate this message.

discussion and action by descendants of Jewish Holocaust survivors.
Many members of this list, including myself, have been very distressed
by NATO's inability to stop Milosovic's barbaric acts of "ethnic
cleansing".   We have composed a letter that advocates intensifying the
war against Milosovic to include ground troops to stop the genocide as
soon as possible.  This letter will be sent to President Clinton,
Secretary of State Albright, all senators and congressman, the Secretary
General of NATO and General Wesley K. Clark, NATO's Supreme Allied
Commander, who is leading the military action against Milosovic's forces.

I am writing to request that if you are a child or grandchild of Holocaust
survivors, that you join us in our efforts to make sure that NATO do all
that is necessary to stop, as quickly as possible, the murder, rape,
and forced dislocation of Albanians from Kosovo.   We urge you to sign
this letter and get as many other descendants of Holocaust survivors to
do so as well.

If you would like to add your name to the list of signers, just do the
following:  click on the REPLY TO SENDER button, type in your name and
the city and state where you live at the bottom of the letter, and then
just push on the SEND button.  Your response will come back to me and
I and others will compile the list of all those who want their names
added to the letter and forward it to NATO leaders.  If this letter has
been forwarded to you by someone else, then just send this letter to me
at: reyzl (at) flash(dot)net(dot)

We would also like to ask you to please help us disseminate the letter
to as many descendants of Holocaust survivors around the world as possible.

If you know of any descendants of Holocaust survivors who don't have
email but would like to add their names to the letter, just add their
names to the bottom of the list below (as well as their city and state)
and e-mail it back to me immediately.  Remember that this particular
letter should be signed only by descendants of survivors and not
survivors, child survivors, or anyone else.  We hope that survivors
will write their own letters and I will be happy to help disseminate
such letters on the Internet, if anyone wants to prepare another one.

Clinton needs to know that the public is ready for a ground war; he
will not change his policy of air-war-only without substantial public
support for a ground war.  Our conscience forces us to speak out
against all genocides, to strengthen the hand of those who can prevent
such crimes against humanity from happening in the world again.

PS.  The letter below is only a partial list of 2G-Legacy subscribers
who have singed this letter.

Reyzl Kalifowicz-Waletzky
2G-Legacy list-owner
reyzl (at) flash(dot)net

A letter to President Clinton, members of Congress, NATO leaders and General
Clark:

Once again in this decade, we are seeing a genocide. This is not the action
of a group of extremists against a military or even a civilian target. This
is a crime against humanity being perpetrated by the political and military
leaders of a national government.  We know who is responsible for this crime
against humanity. Slobodan Milosevic was personally responsible for much of
what happened during the Bosnian war. Many of us watched with horror as the
Western world negotiated with him instead of bringing him before the War
Crimes Tribunal in the Hague.

We the undersigned are the children and grandchildren of survivors of the
Shoah, the genocide against the Jews.  We feel that as such we carry a
particular responsibility to speak out when we see these crimes being
committed.

The current air campaign is not enough. Despite it, the Serbs have driven
hundreds of thousands of people from their homes, burned villages and towns,
and killed an unknown number of innocent civilians.  Further action is needed
on two fronts: striking directly and massively at the forces carrying out
the genocide, on the ground if necessary; and dealing directly with the
perpetrators' political masters. The War Crimes Tribunal must publicly
indict Milosevic and every one of his accomplices whose name we can learn.
NATO should commit itself to pursuing every defendant with all its
resources, including troops in Bosnia and Macedonia, never allowing these
war criminals to rejoin the civilized world.

These and other actions like them will demonstrate that the United
States and its powerful allies have finally learned the lesson of the Shoah
and risen to their international responsibility. Morality and history demand
this and the dead of many generations cry for justice.  Not revenge, but
justice at last on the face of the earth.

Respectfully,

Mordechai Kamel, Boston, Massachusetts
Daniel Berger, Atlanta, Georgia
Reyzl/Roslyn Kalifowicz-Waletzky, Brooklyn, New York
Bonnie Stein, Redington Shores, Florida
Sylvia Francus, Simsbury, Connecticut
Jacob Fresco, The Hague, Holland
Louis Nayman, Silver Springs, Maryland
Ofira Seliktar, Havertown, Pennsylvania
Malgorzata Margalit Tal, Cincinnati, Ohio
Henry Pinskier, Melbourne, Australia
Marsha Krimolovsky Ontell, Leonia, New Jersey
Mark Wygoda, Lake Charles, Louisiana
Ruth Coblentz, Worcester, Massachusetts
Manny Bekier, Brooklyn, New York
Joseph Finkelstein, Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania
Julie Tindell, Tampa, Florida
Paula David, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Diane Tindell, Tampa, Florida
Steve Salzberg, Owings Mills, Maryland
Ruth Wajnryb, Sydney, Australia
Doris M. Lazarus, Chicago, Illinois
Naomi Alba, Adelaide, Australia
Vera Hollander, Teaneck, New Jersey
Meir Weiss, Laval, Quebec, Canada
Janice Friebaum, Chicago, Illinois
Paul Reti, Sydney, Australia
Andrew Shapiro, Lexington, Massachusetts
Abraham Malz, Staten Island, New York
Jeroen Fresco, The Hague, Holland
Harry Teszler, Montevideo, Uruguay
Marc Goldstein, New York, New York
Jack Bielasiak, Bloomington, Indiana
Orli J. Peter, Los Angeles, California
Avi Cohen, Tel Aviv, Israel
Avi Hoffman, Coral Springs, Florida
Gary Salomon, San Francisco, California
Jacobo Hazan, Montevideo, Uruguay
Roberto Picovsky, Montevideo, Uruguay
Steven Kleiner, Wilmington, Delaware
Thomas Lansing, Amherst, New York
Irwin Gelman, New York, New York

This letter will be going to:

1)  US President, Bill Clinton   president (at) whitehouse(dot)gov
2)  US Secretary of State, Madeline Albright    secretary (at) state(dot)gov
3)  All senators and Congressman through e-mail
4)  Secretary General of NATO, Dr. Javier Solana and
5)  General Wesley K. Clark, Supreme Allied Commander Europe
       NATO Headquarters
       1110 Brussels, Belgium
       Tel. : 32-2 707 45 99
       Fax : 32 2 707 54 57
       E-mail : natodoc (at) hq(dot)nato(dot)int