RE(2): De shtoob?

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 21:03:14 -0400 Reyzl Kalifowicz-Waletzky
<reyzl (at) flash(dot)net> wrote:

>From: Reyzl Kalifowicz-Waletzky <reyzl (at) flash(dot)net>
>Subject: RE: De shtoob?
>Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 21:03:14 -0400
>

>Correction:
>
>Vu iz dos gesele?          Where is the little street
>Vu iz di shtib?            Where is the house
>Vu iz doz meydele          Where is the girl
>Vemen chob lib?            Whom I loved?
>
>Ot iz dos gesele           Here is the little street
>Ot iz di shtib             Here is the house
>Nishto shoyn dos meydele   the girl is no longer here
>Vos ikh hob lib            The one that I loved.
>

>There are 3 different melodies that we know these lyrics

Really!

I can't see how this set of lyrics fits the melody I've been given; the
second stanza seems three syllables too long.

Do you by any chance know where I might find a music for the three?

Thanks for your corrections.

Best wishes,

Steven M. Alper
alper (at) bway(dot)net or alper (at) aol(dot)com