Re: Sephardi and Ashkenazi repertoire (was: Uskudar)

Too late in the game! By 1960 Raasche had released a disk with Yiddish and
Ladino, followed later that decade, I believe, by Sarah Gorby. (The latter
is "Sarah Gorby",  Arton Records, AN 61-33. Does anyone know how to date
this album?)

Let's go pre-1950s, or to be really interesting, ca. WWI.

Any such recordings out there?

Best, Joel

At 08:25 PM 4/5/99 , you wrote:

>In a message dated 4/4/99 6:32:49 PM, you wrote:
>
><<re? (I'm talking trad here; today everybody plays everybody elses
>tunes.) And were there ANY traditional artists that recorded in both
>Yiddish and Ladino? I don't know of any. Do tell.
>>>

> How 'bout Theo Bikel !
>
>Simon

Joel Bresler
250 E. Emerson Rd.
Lexington, MA 02420 USA

Home:           781-862-2432
Home Office:    781-862-4104
FAX:            781-862-0498
Cell:           781-622-0309

***PLEASE NOTE NEW EMAIL***

Email:          jbresler (at) ma(dot)ultranet(dot)com