Re: Moses und Aron at the Met

Ilana:

Please post the performance times, cost and phone info on LA JUIVE if you
have them. I am, and perhaps others are, interested.

Yes, my take on Act 2 of MOSES UND ARON was a completely subjective one
and I certainly wouldn't argue for it. It's my take alone.

My impression, however, was colored by several chapters in a book called
Arnold Schoenberg: the composer as Jew by  Alexander Ringer (Oxford:
Clarendon Press: 1990).

It's a very straightforward (to say the least) book that deals with many
of the real anti-Semitic issues that faced Schoenberg in Germany and even
Mahler in turn-of-the-century Vienna.

Eliott Kahn