---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 11:18:58 -0600
From: "by way of LISTEN UP! A CAPPELLA <ssinger (at) jewishsong(dot)com>"
    <Irene_Greif/CAM/Lotus (at) lotus(dot)com>
To: ssinger (at) orion(dot)it(dot)luc(dot)edu
Subject: Contact!!Us

I'm wondering if you can give me some advice on how to locate a recording
of a Yiddish song.        An elderly uncle -- the last surviving of 8
brothers and sisters -- has asked me to help him try to track down a song
he heard 15 years ago.   The song is called Pinke Ferkert, which my uncle
says means "exactly the opposite."     It's a comical song about what was
good in the last generation.    He believes he heard it on a recording by
Henry Yarows, an Israeli singer, but any recording pointer would be of
interest to us.

If you have any suggestions on how I can track it down, I'd appreciate
hearing from you.

Irene Greif
igreif (at) lotus(dot)com