Re: Adon Olom (was Jewish Cowboy Music)

Jacob,

I'd love to hear it before passing judgement on it.  By the "rita rita rita
rita"  it could be one of those chassidic nigunim (wordless melodies) that
conveys as much meaning as a prayer with words.  As I imagine setting the
words below to music, it would start as a slow, joyous khosidl--a wedding
dance, as befits a song welcoming the Sabbath bride.

I suspect, also, that if your grandfather came from Eastern Europe, he
would have used Ashkenazic (l'kho dodi, (or doydi) likras kaleh)
pronunciation rather than Sephardic.

Zayt gezunt (be healthy),

Yosl (Joe) Kurland
The Wholesale Klezmer Band