Hatikvah Music

I'm not much of a shopper in general, but I am moved by my several
experiences of ordering materials from Hatikvah Music in Los Angeles
(perhaps known better to listmembers merely as "Simon") to say that dealing
with Hatikvah is such an immense pleasure that it makes me actually want to
buy more stuff from them even before I have anything particular in mind!

The turnaround time from order to receiving the material is downright eerie
(does Simon have some kind of "in" with the US Postal Service?). The
personal touch and responsiveness makes it seem like you're dealing with
someone in your hometown (my usual shopping preference, but alas, we have no
Jewish music store in Williamstown, Mass.). And this, all via Email!!

My greatest fear is that Hatikvah will enter the 21st century completely
online, with its entire inventory browsable on the web a la amazon.com. In
that case I might have to cancel my Internet connection!

All this is to say it's rare these days when you can actually endorse a
business wholeheartedly. So when the opportunity arises, it's all the more
unusual.

Sincerely yours,
Seth Rogovoy
http://www.berkshireweb.com/rogovoy/klezmer
Host of "The Klezmer Hour," Tuesdays, 9-10pm Eastern time
http://wso.williams.edu/orgs/WCFM/realaudio.html