Re: sheet music for accordion.

I work at the repair shop at The Button Box and we do have both Kammen
books.  You can call the store at (413) 549-0171.

Sy Kushner's books are also very good (we have them at the store, too)  and
don't forget Henry Sapoznik's "Compleat Klezmer".  The Kammen books have
the bass clef written in accordion style.  Anything else I've seen will
have a melody line and chord charts or names above, fake book style.  Some
of the chords I've encountered in the Kammen books seem questionable to me,
as if someone extrapolated the chords from the melody in a very literal
sense that would get you good marks in a music theory class but has little
to do with the way the music is played.  My guess is that the person who
arranged them for accordion knew more about accordion playing than he did
about klezmer.

Aaron

At 02:19 PM 1/7/99 +0000, you wrote:
>Can anybody help a friend who is looking for Klezmer sheet music for
>accordion.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Maurice

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->