What's Modzitz mean?

Sorry to be so naieve with all you mavens out there, but what does
Modizitz mean?  Is this a Hasidic sect?

>>> <Klezcorner (at) aol(dot)com> 01/05/99 01:49pm >>>

<<I've hear older vinyl recordings of Modzitzer niggumin and the
compositions
of
Ben Zion Shenker, but I don't really enjoy the more recent cd's I've
hear with
all the (overly) lush orchestrations and the like.  Does anyone know if
there
are any Modzitzer cd's that are more "plain" as it where?
Thanks,
Dennis Gura
dengura (at) aol(dot)com

The "New" versions of the Traditional Chassidic music reminds me of one
of
tthe Chelm stories..".Nail Soup"
Simon
Hatikvah