Re: Question: Modzitz cd

Hi Simon,

I'll bet there are a lot of other people thinking the same thing.  If we
got together and let them know that some of us appreciate the genuine
Modzitzer music, maybe they would do a little of it today, or at least
reissue the golden oldies.

>From a tried and true Modzitzer fan -

Rochel Sara

PS  I have the Pasternak books of Chassidic music, with many Modzitzer
nigunim, and I like to play them on my flute - but somehow it's just not
the same as when Ben Zion Shenker weaves his spell.

>I second that! Years ago,there were so many great nigunim. It's a shame
that what >is now considered "chassidic" music is nothing more that some
of the worst >"disco-rock" synthesised music ever created. A disco-rock
song with "...Moshiach" or >"...Yerusholayim" in the lyric does NOT a
chassidic song make!!!! Unfortunately, >most of the 'old" chassidic'
music is gone, I have a few on vinyl, but they're not even >playable any
more.
>Simon
>Hatikvah

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->