Re: Question: Modzitz cd

<<I've hear older vinyl recordings of Modzitzer niggumin and the compositions
of
Ben Zion Shenker, but I don't really enjoy the more recent cd's I've hear with
all the (overly) lush orchestrations and the like.  Does anyone know if there
are any Modzitzer cd's that are more "plain" as it where?
Thanks,
Dennis Gura
dengura (at) aol(dot)com

I second that! Years ago,there were so many great nigunim. It's a shame that
what is now considered "chassidic" music is nothing more that some of the
worst"disco-rock" synthesised music ever created. A disco-rock song with
"...Moshiach" or "...Yerusholayim" in the lyric does NOT a chassidic song
make!!!! Unfortunately, most of the 'old" chassidic' music is gone, I have a
few on vinyl, but they're not even playable any more.
Simon
Hatikvah

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->