[Fwd: Re: Jewish Music conection to Elvis -Leiber& Stoller]

Klezcorner (at) aol(dot)com wrote:

 I did once have a conversation in Yiddish
> with James Brown, yes, THAT James Brown.
>
> Simon
> Rock Around The Bimah

I would have loved to have participated  in that.

In a similar vein, it may interest some folks that tough-guy actor/song
and dance man James Cagney was also a  Yiddish-speaker.  He was not
Jewish but picked up the language during a Lower East Side childhood.
In one of his films, there is a scene in the back of a cab where the
dialogue is entirely in <mameloshn>.

Wolf

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->