MetroKlezmer Dec 25 Jewsapalooza (Knitting Factory) etc.

Hello,
It all seems so ephemeral in light of other events going on in the world right
now ... but as there are so many postings about Nitl (Yiddish for xmas) and
Jewish music, here's the info for those wishing to hear live klezmer in NYC
that night.

Metropolitan Klezmer plays Fri, Dec 25 at 9pm as part of Jewsapalooza '98, the
Knitting Factory's Third Annual Jewish Music Festival.  Our set is followed by
the Dutch band Klezmokum.  One ticket price covers all.  The Knit is in
Tribeca at 74 Leonard St, NYC; call 212/219-3006 for more details.

"I enjoyed your new CD very much -- It's a great band!"  - John Zorn

Metropolitan Klezmer will also be appearing Sun, Jan 10 at Tonic, 107 Norfolk
St, NYC (around the corner from Ratner's restaurant) from 1:30 to 4pm as part
of the Klezmer Sundays in the Wine Cellar series curated by David Krakauer.
Tonic, housed in the former Kedem Kosher Winery, serves brunch etc.  Music
charge: $10.  More info: 212/358-7503

Peace,
Eve Sicular (drummer/bandleader) for Metropolitan Klezmer
151 First Ave #145, NYC  10003  tel: 212/475-4544

MetroKlezmer's "Yiddish for Travelers" CD's and tapes distributed by Stern's
Music worldwide; available on the net at www.jewishmusic.com &
www.yiddishmusic.com

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->