RE: words and music for Ocho kandelikas

Saw Flory Jagoda (et famille) and Voice of the Turtle in Concert last
Saturday - great fun! We should always credit Flory with words and music
for this song...I'm starting to see recording liner notes that seem to
assume that this piece is steeped in antiquity.

Best, Joel

At 02:43 PM 12/16/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Courtesy of Lori Lippitz (I asked last Chanukah)
>
>Ocho Kandelikas
>

>Chanukah linda sta aki,                        Pretty Chanukah is here
>Ocho kandelas para mi,         Eight little candles for me
>Chanukah linda sta aki,
>Ocho kandelas para mi.
>
>Chorus:
>
>Una kandelika,
>Dos kandelikas,
>Tres kandelikas,
>Quatro kandelikas,
>Sintju kandelikas,
>Sesh kandelikas,
>Siete kandelikas,
>Ocho kandelas para mi.
>

>Los pastelikas vo kumer,               Little cakes to eat
>Kon almendrikas i la miel,             With (from) almonds and honey
>Los pastelikas vo kumer,
>Kon almendrikas i la miel.
>

>Chorus:
>
>Muchas fiestas vo fazer,               Much celebration
>Con alegrijas i plazer,                        With happiness and pleasure
>Muchas fiestas vo fazer,
>Con alegrijas i plazer.
>

>Chorus:
>
>Dick

Joel Bresler
250 E. Emerson Rd.
Lexington, MA 02420 USA

Home:   781-862-2432
Home Office:    781-862-4104
FAX:            781-862-0498
Cell:           781-622-0309
Email:          jbresler (at) ultra(dot)net

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->