Re: Sources for Jewish Music

Dear Bob:
The philosophy of my site is to provide information for those interested in
Jewish music and serve as a central clearinghouse for people having various
needs, such as looking for places to study, starting research in Jewish
music or finding scores or recordings. Recently I have added a list of
libraries with Jewish music collections of various sorts.

I'd be happy to list additional places to find recordings, scores,
publishers, online music or performance groups on my section of "Getting to
the music" if folks want to send me the appropriate information.(I'm not
claiming this list is "definitive", but I do hope it is helpful!) Members
of the list may email me off list if they have new information or if they
spot an error. Please keep in mind this is on a university server and I'm
intending to provide accurate and uptodate information. My list is not
intended as an advertiser on the web and I do make a disclaimer that I do
not endorse any company or product. There are lots of places elsewhere to
advertise on the web if that is needed.

Hatikvah music IS listed on my site, but Simon only has an email address so
far. I've created a link there and anyone can email Simon directly from my
site. If other shops want to do the same, they should email me off list and
I will consider them on a case by case basis.

Bob, if you have put together a list and want me to look at it for
inclusion, please send it along by all means! (Please be sure to include
addresses as well as phone numbers and email contact names.)
Judy.

At 12:20 PM 12/16/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Ari:
>
>Thanks for those links.  They're great, especially for web resources.
>I hope that both you and Judy would welcome additions to your lists from
>list members.
>
>But I'm also interested in suggestions for real (in addition to virtual)
>Judaica or general record stores that have significant Jewish music
>selections, new or used, CD or LP, or sheet music or music books.  For
>example, I don't think that we'd find Simon's Hatikvah on Judy's list or
>Mostly Music, Westside Judaica, or Eichler's on either list.
>
>When I went to Chicago I asked members of the list for suggestions and the
>response was really helpful.  Is there any single place I could have looked
>to get that information (i.e., name, address, phone/fax/e-mail, hours,
>description) other than the Yellow Pages?  Would other list members like to
>have such lists available (for example, for travel)?  If not, the point is
>moot.  But, if so, would Ari or Judy (or someone else with more computer and
>librarian skills than I) be interested in having such information sent to
>them?  Or should we continue to just ask each other on a need to know basis?
>
>Bob

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->