Re: hora

Dr. Zvi Friedhaber has done extensive research on the Hora and has written
at least one article about it as well as books and articles on many
aspects of Jewish and Israeli dance (in Hebrew). He can be contacted at
the following address and phone number (sorry no email or fax to my
knowledge):

Dr. Zvi Friedhaber
Jewish Dance Archive
78 Harishonim Sreet
Kiryat Haim 26302 Israel
04-728369

An alternative source is Ayalah Goren Kadman, who teaches ethnic dance at
the Rubin Academy of Music and Dance in Jerusalem. Her email is
msagoren (at) pluto(dot)mscc(dot)huji(dot)ac(dot)il when she is in Israel. She
often does dance
workshops for us in New York, where she spends several months during the
year and is featured annually at our Shorashim--Roots of Israeli Folkdance
gathering every Labor Day Weekend.

Hope this helps.

Haim Kaufman
Rikuday Dor Rishon

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Judy Fertig wrote:

> Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 19:46:51 -0500
> Can someone on this list help geoffrey out with an authentic answer to this
> question? I appreciate it.
> Judy.
>
> From: geoffrey clain <gclain (at) worldnet(dot)att(dot)net>
> Subject: Hora
> To: Fertig (at) brandeis(dot)edu
>
> I admire your Brandeis library web site .Could you possibly direct me to
> information on the origins of the Hora  (dance).
> I would be very grateful
>             Geoffrey Clain

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->