Re: Governess, one last time

But does the CD have the Sh'ma from the opening scene?  I'd buy it just for
that.  I'd still like to know how authentic it is though.

Zayt gezunt (be healthy),

Yosl (Joe) Kurland
The Wholesale Klezmer Band
Colrain, MA 01340
voice/fax: 413-624-3204
http://www.crocker.com/~ganeydn

At 3:47 PM -0500 12/3/98, Joel Bresler wrote:
>OK, I've bought and listened to the CD. The complete, identifiable songs
>are: Cuando el rey nimrod (Instrumental), La Serena (vocal by Ofra Haza),
>Adio, Querida (ditto), and "Yo m'enamori d'un aire" (instrumental.) The
>instrumentals are in quasi-early music style.
>
>The soundtrack also has fleeting fragments of other songs, as well as Haza
>doing some atmospheric wordless vocals. The latter style is interesting to
>me - it's deracinated, almost a copy of a copy. It's not Haza doing Fifty
>Gates of Wisdom or Najma doing Qareeb or Loreena McKennitt or Clannad on
>their Celtic-inflected disks. Instead, it's a pop version of what "ethnic"
>or "world" music might sound like.
>
>IMHO, anyway!
>
>Joel
>

>Joel Bresler
>250 E. Emerson Rd.
>Lexington, MA 02420 USA
>
>Home:          781-862-2432
>Home Office:   781-862-4104
>FAX:           781-862-0498
>Cell:          781-622-0309
>Email:         jbresler (at) ultra(dot)net

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->