Re: Film, "The Governess"

"The Governess" was the only film in recent memory that my wife and I walked
out on. Shot beautifully, rancid script, and as a result, rancid acting. It
figures that the director was also the writer; I don't think anyone else
would've taken the job.  Unfortunately, much is made of the fact that the main
character's family slurped their hardboiled eggs off of their spoons during
Passover; it actually makes it look like it's a Jewish ritual and very much a
part of the Pesach tradition. I advise anyone contemplating going to see this
bomb to stay away.
Regards,
Lederman

Joel Bresler wrote:

> Chevra,
>
> Has anyone seen this film, and can you report whether it quotes
> identifiably from Sephardic themes? The composer was just interviewed in
> "Rhythm" magazine, and said, "We weren't going to play the rolling Scotish
> vistas, we were going to go with a Sephardic flavor."
>
> Thanks, Joel
>
> Joel Bresler
> 250 E. Emerson Rd.
> Lexington, MA 02420 USA
>
> Home:   781-862-2432
> Home Office:    781-862-4104
> FAX:            781-862-0498
> Cell:           781-622-0309
> Email:          jbresler (at) ultra(dot)net

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->