Klezmatics in Maddison, Wis

I saw the Klezmatics Tuesday night in Madison at the Civic Center. They did
two great sets, and had a great turn out. Mimi Rabson was filling in for
Alicia Svigals and did a great job. The poster for the show was the cover to
Possessed, and they did most of the album along with three songs from The
Well, plus some from the first three albums. A great show in terms of energy
even when it looked like some of the members where a little under the weather
and having trouble getting the sound system ready before the concert started.
I can't wait till I get to see them perform at KlezKamp in December.

P.S. I saw the N.O. Klezmer All-Stars in Chicago back in October, they have a
great show. But for all of them this is not the main type of music that they
flay and they get imitated very fast. But once they are in their own element
they give a great show, but even as they mentioned they are on or off the
fringes of klezmer music depending on who you ask.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->