Dave Tarras Discovery

Attention Klezmer lovers.

As you have probalbly seen , many recording labels are issuing 'generic'
Jewish Music collections of old recordings. Since they are not into Jewish
Music per se, most of them do not know what they are doing.

A prime example : Recently we picked up 2 budget CDs from a label that shall
go un-named (for obvious reasons).  There are no musician credits or any other
info on these recordings other then generic titles such as Medley Of Old
Yiddish Theatre Songs", "Jewish Waltzes", etc.  To make matters worse, the
sections on CD #1 were actually on  Cd #2 and Vise versa (following me so far
?). The recordings however, were very familiar, so I sent the to Germany to
Hatikvah's Own Musical Expert, Joel Rubin and this is his reply:

These are Volumes 1 & 2 of the three volumes" Freilachs For Weddings, Bar
Mitzvahs" by Murray Lehrer Orch featuring DAVE TARRAS and LOU LEVIN-trumpet
recorded circa 1959. Also issued as "Frailach In Hi-Fi".

We informed the Label, and received our shipment at a special reduced price:
We are now offering the TWO CD's for $12.00 the set that includes domestic
shipping.

That's right, the set of both CD's for $12.00 shipping included.  Limited
quantities available at that price.

Simon
Hatikvah Music
323)655-7083