FW: [JHUMOR] Day of Atonement E-Mail Prayer

Just found this in my computer.  Enjoy

Reyzl Kalifowicz-Waletzky

From:  stork (at) QNET(dot)COM[SMTP:stork (at) QNET(dot)COM]
Sent:  Tuesday, September 29, 1998 9:16 PM
To:  Jhumor (at) Lgk(dot) Com
Subject:  [JHUMOR] Day of Atonement E-Mail Prayer

 T  H  E    J  E  W  I  S  H     H  U  M  O  R      L  I  S  T
Starting tonight is Yom Kippur, the Jewish day of atonement  We need to
search our hearts and recognize our wrongs (the hardest part!), then do all
we can to make amends to those we have wronged, and ask their forgivness.
We then go to services and communally pray, asking the Higher Power for
insight, strength, and forgiveness.
 Below is my apology to those I have offended, intentionally or not.  I have
tried to apologize as soon as I recognized my errors, but pride,
stubbornness, and insensitivity often get in my way.   Below my personal
apology, is a communal prayer in the style of that chanted at services,
aimed directly at e-mail offenses.  Attribution is at the bottom.

I want to apologise for those offensive things I have said here, and ask the
forgiveness of those I offended.
Adonna Frankel
Paul Smith

For the sin which we have committed
    by responding too often,
And for the sin which we have committed
    by not posting at all when we have something valuable to say;

For the sin which we have committed
    by responding angrily in haste,
And for the sin which we have committed
    by posting private email in a public forum;

For the sin which we have committed
    by misinterpreting others' words,
And for the sin which we have committed
    by not expressing ourselves clearly;

For the sin which we have committed
    by being sarcastic to other list members,
And for the sin which we have committed
    by not being tolerant of their positions;

For the sin which we have committed
    by not explaining technical terms,
And for the sin which we have committed
    by assuming others know as much as we do;

For the sin which we have committed
    by posting announcements directly,
And for the sin which we have committed
    by posting subscription commands to the list;

For the sin which we have committed
    by forwarding messages without introduction
And for the sin which we have committed
    by cross-posting our own messages to many other lists;

For the sin which we have committed
    by not using an appropriate subject line,
And for the sin which we have committed
    by having a long .signature file;

For the sin which we have committed
    by quoting others' posts in their entirety,
And for the sin which we have committed
    by not providing context to our replies;

For all of these, Forgiving One,
Forgive Us, Pardon Us, and Grant Us Atonement.

copyright (c) 1995, 1998, Mark Frydenberg

To Subscribe to this list send email to listserv (at) lgk(dot)com with the
message: subscribe jhumor your name

Digest mode is now available and one posting will be sent weekly to
people on the digest version of the list.
To switch to digest mode send a message to listserv (at) lgk(dot)com with
the message: set mode digest jhumor
To change back the command is: set mode standard jhumor

If you read anything that offends you, express your dislike by using
the DELETE button (or mailing the original poster) NOT THIS LIST.
Users who post comments or complaints to the LIST will IMMEDIATELY be
removed (without prejudice <G>) and banned from joining in the
future. Send to jhumor-owner (at) lgk(dot)com (i.e. me the list owner)
and not the list.