new Di Naye Kapelye

Just to confirm the answer to an earlier query to this list--the
new, eponymous "Di Naye Kapelye" CD is entirely new recordings
and different from their "Aleph" cassette. I just received a
copy this afternoon and am all of about two songs into it.

Di Naye Kapelye / --, Oriente  RIEN CD 17, also available
from Hatikva Music in LA: klezcorner (at) aol(dot)com

I'm excited.

I should also note, by way of disclaimer, that I wrote part of
the liner notes (albeit, not the short part that also got translated
into German and French), and those words will read as familiar to those
who were reading about my meetings with the band in Europe back in '96.

Anyway, having heard only 7 minutes of the CD and already blown away,
let me recommend this CD heartily. No one in the US plays this way,
and no one else in Europe has the feel of =real= that the gang from
Budapest captures here.

ari

Ari Davidow
The klezmer shack: http://www.well.com/user/ari/klez/