Re: "Iti milvanon" by Nira Hen

It seems that almost all the newer recordings of the classic Israeli
folkdances do not include the lyrics.  This is a shame because the poetry
is so beautiful--it is difficult to match Song of Songs, for example. So
one must go back to the old recordings to hear the way these songs should
sound. For iti milvanon, I already listed two good vocals and someone
mentioned Shoshana Damari, one of Israels greatest singers (who I just saw
at the Karmiel Dance Festival together with Yaffa Yarkoni singing their
classic songs).  Here is the data on the Shoshana Damari recording:

SONGS OF ISRAEL/SHOSHANA DAMARI
SEECO CELP 420
12 INCH 331/3 RECORD WITH 12 SELECTIONS

Haim Kaufman
Rikuday Dor Rishon
New york City

On Thu, 17 Sep 1998 Klezcorner (at) aol(dot)com wrote:

> There is an Israeli Folk Dance Cd that we carry which contains, among 23 other
> selections, the two compositions by Nira Hen, "Iti Melevanon" and "Dodi Li".
> Though recorded in Isreal, this CD " Israeli Folk Dances #5',is a European
> import, and is entirely instrumental.
>
> Simon
> Hatikvah Music
> Klezcorner (at) aol(dot)com