Re: "Iti milvanon" by Nira Hen

Paul von Hippel asked:
>I'm seeking information on a piece for voice and piano called "Iti
milvanon," by Nira Hen (Hem?).

What I'd mainly like to know is this: Is the melody original with Hen,
and, if not, where does the melody come from?<

I think that her name is actually Nira Chen (it's usually written using an H
with a dot under it, which is equivalent to the Hebrew "ch" sound [the letters
Chaf or Chet). On the versions that I've seen of this lovely song, Ms. Chen is
always listed as the composer. The text is from _Song of Songs_ and it is
often sung or played at weddings. Unfortunately, the one version I have of
this song at home gives no copyright information.

Good luck.

Best wishes,
Steve

Steve Barnett