Re: Jewish Liturgical Music Library (Germany)

Please post answer to list. I'm curious about this too.

I do know that the University of Freiburg has much German-Jewish folk
music -- according to Phillip Bohlman's ZWEISTROEMLAND: The Land where the
two streams flow -- but I'm not aware of a German repository for synagogue
music.

Eliott Kahn
Music Archivist
Library of the Jewish Theological Seminary

On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, Barry J. Mehler wrote:

> Dear Collegues,
>
> Somewhere in Germany (northern Germany I belive) there is a (university)
> library which has become the central repository for European Jewish
> Liturgical Music.  If somebody out there nows the name of the library, and
> the city which it is located in, I would greatly appreciate the information.
>
> Regards,
>
> Barry
>

> ^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v
> Barry J. Mehler
> Musical Director - Amsterdams Synagogaal Koor
> Postbus 17154
> 1001 JD Amsterdam
> The Netherlands
> +(31)(20)620-7750