jewish music distribution

I know that several of us (who are part of this list) have recordings that
we are actively trying to sell, market, distribute... etc.

I'd like to know if anyone (else) is interested in talking about the
issues and challenges of market penetration & distribution with small
label or private releases.  As "Jewish" groups, we certainly have a lot to
gain through trying to help each other -- especially when trying to sell
our music in the mainstream.

Some potential discussion points:

        - Are there distributors/record labels who have significant
        inroads to selling Jewish music to larger commercial (i.e.
        secular) outlets?

        - What are the limitations/gaps in services which are currently
        provided (or available) to Jewish groups with recordings?

        - To what extent is there (or isn't there) any central cooperative
        effort among Jewish groups by region/genre to promote the
        commercial success of this type of entertainment/recording.

>From my own experiences (and I'm new at this), it seems like the VAST
majority of (successful) Jewish music groups are solely dependent on their
own resources for their own growth.  Conversely, there also appears to be
a real depravity in professional services (both for promotion/booking as
well as recordings) within our community.  This hits me funny, as we have
such a wealth of great musical offerings --- and opportunities to perform.

What do you think?

Discuss.  (Talk amoungst yerselves.)

-Steve Singer
 LISTEN UP! A CAPPELLA