Concert announcement

The Wholesale Klezmer Band will be performing at Caffe Lena in Saratoga
Springs, New York on Saturday evening, August 22 at 8:30 pm.

Caffe Lena, located on Philo Street in downtown Saratoga Springs, is the
oldest continuously operating coffee house venue for folk and acoustic
music in the the U.S.  For information and reservations, call 518-583-0022.
Space for previous concerts by the Wholesale Klezmer Band at Caffe Lena has
been sold out, so make your reservations early.

New material on the program will include Yiddish songs from the time of
early Jewish settlement in Palestine, a song about synagogue fundraising,
and a rousing new peace and justice song I wrote based on Franz Kafka's
statement that the Messiah will only come when he is no longer needed.
There will also be selections from Wholesale's CDs, Tfile far a
Tsebrokhener Velt (Prayer for a Broken World), Yidn fun Amol (Jews of Long
Ago) and Shmir Me.

Faith Weinberg of the Arbeter Ring (Workmen's Circle) wrote, "The program
was so much more that just a klezmer concert in that your narratives gave
each song background and depth.  The selection of songs was superb
including both moving ballads and freylekh music."

Zayt gezunt (be healthy),

Yosl (Joe) Kurland
The Wholesale Klezmer Band
Colrain, MA 01340
voice/fax: 413-624-3204
http://www.crocker.com/~ganeydn

P.S.  I've just been updating our mailing list.  Please let me know if you
want to be taken off the list, or if you're getting multiple copies.  (You
might be getting duplicates of some mailings if you're on both our list and
the Temple Israel of Greenfield list, Jewish Music list or Yiddishnet but
not everything I send to our personal list is the same as what I send to
those lists.)

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->