Re: Epstein Brothers win NEA National Heritage Fellowship

>This is not the first time the NEA has honored klezmer music through it's
>wonderful National Heritage Folklife Awards. The late Dave Tarras received his
>in 1984. I was honored to have been asked to write a letter to the NEA in
>support of the Epstein's nomination.

Well, in that case, rather than say that the Epstein Brothers
have been uniquely awared, let me note that they are in excellent
company.

Next step, I hope, will be to see some of the non-klezmer, or post-
klezmer revival folks receiving awards. Flory Jagoda comes to mind
in the former category, of course. It might be a fun exercise to
consider others.

ari

Ari Davidow
The klezmer shack: http://www.well.com/user/ari/klez/