Re[2]: Dating the melodies used in Psalms, cantillation, etc

Dear List,
        The German communities do NOT use trope for Ruth-Kohelet-Shir HaShirim).
 The Roedelheim Machzor specifically prints them witout the trope.  I don't know
why, other thatn to say the probably lost the traidtion to use the trope.  The
megillos are read silently by each individual during the same part of the
service that Eastern Askenaz uses to read it aloud.

Also Chassidic communities recite the haftoro individaully, often aloud and
typically without trope.

There are also special cantillations for the Maso'os, Oz Yoshir etc. in Eastern
Ashkenaz in particular.  Some Germans cantillate Oz Yoshir with teh HHD trope,
which ironically is minor/freigish as oppose to the Eastern Ashkenaz major mode
for Oz Yoshir.

There's a lot more on this.  I believe Heidenheim attempted to relate the EMES
(Iyov Mishl Tehillim) to the corresponding trope for the other 21 books.  There
are parallel passages in Tehillim and Shmuel that can help decode this
relationship.  And as we know, the beginning of Iyov uses the standard Trop, not
the Emes trop.  I don't know how that goes along with the understanding that the
trops come from different schools.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Richard Wolpoe