Esperansa 98

Dear Friends:

I thought the attached might be of interest to members of the list. Kindly
contact ecjc as indicated about any questions, and do not reply to me.

Shabbat shalom,

Joel

>Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 18:00:45 +0100
>To: ecjc (at) ort(dot)org
>From: ECJC <ecjc (at) ort(dot)org>
>Subject: "Esperansa 98"
>Sephardic Cultural Festival, 23-26 July 1998, Sofia
>
>The European Council of Jewish Communities together with the Organisations
>of Jewish in Bulgaria "Shalom" and the American Jewish Joint Distribution
>Committee have organised an informal Sephardic Cultural Festival and
>celebration entitled "Esperansa 98" which will take place in Bistriza - a
>picturesque location just 20 minutes from Sofia.
>
>The programme will include a variety of activities including: films,
>prayers in traditional melodies, Ladino Chazanut, a bazaar, photo
>exhibition, theatrical performances, book displays, genealogical research,
>Judeo - Espaniol circles and many other manifestations of the Sephardic
>Jewish life in the Balkans.  Participants will be from all over the
>Sephardic world, all of whom will contribute their own ideas and projects.
>
>The cost of this four day event will be USD 195.  This includes a
>registration fee, full board accommodation, based on sharing a double room
>for three nights.  If your community is interested in joining us, please
>inform us as to the approximate number of participants as soon as possible.
>
>We hope to see many faces from all countries in the region.
>
>You do not need to be Sephardi in order to join the Sephardic Festival.
>
>For further information contact Miriam Leci at ECJC.
>Mail to: ecjc (at) ort(dot)org and mark it "Esperansa '98".

>The URL for this ECJC website is http://www.ort.org/ecjc/
>
>For further information
>
>Contact: Miriam Leci
>ECJC
>74 Gloucester Place
>London W1H 3HN
>Tel:+44 171 224 3445
>Fax:+44 171 224 3446

Joel Bresler
250 E. Emerson Rd.
Lexington, MA 02173 USA

***  New Zip Code as of July 1: 02420  ***

Home:   781-862-2432
Home Office:    781-862-4104
FAX:            781-862-0498
Cell:           781-622-0309
Email:          jbresler (at) ultra(dot)net

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->