Re: Yikhes - 1907 vs. 1911

>I have a CD Yikhes: Earlier Klezmer Recordings 1911-1939, but Ari's Klezmer
>Shack shows a picture of, and reviews, the CD Yikhes: ... 1907-1939.
>
>Mine is copyright date 1995, and his is 1991.
>
>I'm curious what's different between these two recordings?

That =is= curious. Mine is from the original German release.
I am assuming that yours represents the American translation
that was released a few years later, but I'm not sure why
there would be a difference. It might be worth e-mailing
Joel Rubin or Rita Ottens, who put the series together, to
ask.

ari

Ari Davidow
The klezmer shack: http://www.well.com/user/ari/klez/