RE: Les Yeux Noirs

I slightly mis-typed the name of the group (leaving off one lette) r.  The
name is Shpil es nokh a mol.  The members of the group are Koen De Cauter
(guitar), Luc d'Hondt (percussion), Henry Goldman (vocalist), Philippe Leblanc
(clarinet), Maurice le Gaulois (accordion), Hugo Mathijsen (tuiba), and Ulysse
Waterlot (violin).  The package insert lists a contact: Maurice Sere, 205,
vielle rue du moulin, 1180 Brussels, Belgium, telephone 2/375 14 61.

That is all of the info I have on the group.

Marvin Margoshes

> From: reyzl (at) flash(dot)net (Reyzl Kalifowicz-Waletzky)
> Sender:       owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
> To:   jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org (World music from a Jewish slant.)
> How can I find out more information about this group?   Do you have an
> address for them?  What are the names of the performers?
>

> Reyzl Kalifowicz-Waletzky

Es
> Nokh A Mo (Arion ARN 64208)l.  I couldn't decide where in Eastern Europe the
> Yiddish singer came from.  A friend who has lived in Paris identified it as
> Yiddish with a French accent.
>
> > From:       yaron(dot)hallis (at) tvsn(dot)com(dot)au (Yaron Hallis)
> > Sender:     owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
> > To: jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org (World music from a Jewish slant.)
> > Hello All,
> >
> > My name is Yaron Hallis, and I present "The Hot Club" -  a Sydney-based
> radio
> >  show devoted to Gypsy & klezmer music from around the world. As a result
of
> >  recent trip to France, I have discovered the most extra-ordinary French
> group,
> >  that plays a combination of gipsy/klezmer music. They are called "Les
Yeux
> >  Noirs", and they have 3 albums out:
> >
> > A Band Of Gypsies
> > Suites
> > Izvaora
> >
> > As an ardant fan of Easten European music, in its many shapes & forms, its
> is
> >  my hope that this emphatic  recommendation will lead some of you on this
> list
> >  towards the exquisite & moving music of "Le Yeux Noir"!!
> >
> > Best wishes,
> > Yaron Hallis
> > thehotclub (at) hotmail(dot)com(dot)au

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->