Re: Derogatory terms

<<The origin of this word, I am told, is a Hebrew acronym: YKH (the letters
yud-
 kuf-hey, which read as "yekke"), standing for "yehudi k'she havana" (=  dim-
 witted (lit. "hard-of-understanding") Jew). >>

I had heard that the origin of the word has something to do with the German
Zionist immigrants to Israel inthe 1910's-20's who would wear their jackets in
the blazing sun.  (Not complimentary, but not as vicious as the ethnic slurs
aforementioned, methinks.)  Any Yekke authorities out there?

By the way, we play an instrumental which we dubbed "The Galitzianer Vs. The
Litvak."  Were it not for devisiveness, would we know who we are?

Lori

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->