Re: spider, etc. familiar tunes

A former teacher once encouraged me to recite the Shabbat Kedusha to the
tune of Erev Shel Shoshanim.  Somehow, it didn't sit right with me, even
at the tender age of 16, and I resisted.  But I can't turn my back on my
childhood memories of singing Adon Olam to the tune of, among others,
the theme from "Jeopardy".

Casey

Amy Loewenthal wrote:

> I had a Bar Mitzvah student who laughed as I introduced the melody in Avot
> for "Ha-Eyl HaGadol HAGibor V'HaNora..."
>
> and he said "that's ' My Grandfather's Clock Was Too Large For the Shelf'."
>
> I have also thought when we put away the Torah and sing "V'Zot HaTorah
> Asher Sam Moshe ..." that it follows a bit of "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best
> Friend" pretty nicely..
>
> Amy Loewenthal
> Math Tutor Coordinator
> Student Support Services