Re: Origins of Italian Tish'a B'Av trope

Dear Barak,
        I cannot answer your many questions, but I can tell you that in Breuer's
and other German Kehillos
1)  Every Kino is read aloud in theri entirety.  Some have responosive readings
such as Oy li Oyvai li or besteisi mimitstroyim etc.
2)  The leader alternates.  The first Kinnos are said by the Rav, then the
Chazzan, then by the leading baalei batim.  And a few important ones get back to
the Rav (eg Eili Tziyon)
3)  Many kinos have their own peculiar niggun.  some share a particalulr niggun.
 Others are recisted with a special tisho b'ov recitation.

4)  Eicho is lained at night with trope in a fashion similar to the Poish
Ashkenaz minhog.

 I hope this helps

Rich Wolpoe

(brother of Susan Wolpoe)