Re: Hungarian/Romanian

>I believe the musicological term is "harmonic
>>density", i.e. the frequency and variety of chord changes.

In this respect I find Pete Sokolow's transcriptions excessive at times.

jeff dorchen

Pete is a highly skilled arranger, but he cut his klezmer teeth in the
style of the late 1940s-early 1950s, and has frequently expressed a
lack of interest in the earlier klezmer style, which I believe he finds
rather crude. He probably thought he was making improvements.

On the other hand, his Klezmer Plus album with Sid Beckerman and Howie
Leess is a real clASSIC OF THE 1950S style.

Itzik-Leyb

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->