Re: Maxwell St. in NYC 2/16

<< I agree - Maxwell St. Klezmer Band is great.  If I were near N.Y. on Feb.
 >16th I'd definitely go.  But PLEASE refrain from perpetuating the notion
 >that singers are not musicians ("9 musicians and 2 singers").  Just say 9
 >instrumentalists and 2 singers and you (hopefully) won't offend anyone.

 Isabelle, I would not have done such a thing on purpose--
 that was the band's wording in the message to which I
 responded. I think they meant to say, "9 instrumentalists
 and 2 singers" or some such, as your point is an important
 one.

 ari

Yeash, it's my fault.  I, the vocalist, meant to say "instrumentalist."  Let
this be a warning:  Never write your own PR.

BTW, thanks for the kind words, Ari!  The musicians are gratified.  And the
vocalists.

Lori

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->