From:   Andy Rubin [SMTP:andyrubin (at) jps(dot)net]
Sent:   Tuesday, January 27, 1998 4:32 AM
To:     World music from a Jewish slant.
Subject:        recording questions

1/26/98

I've a question or two for those on the list with recording experience. My
band (The Freilachmakers Old Time String Band) is completing its first CD.
Since we are new to recording (for general consumption, that is), we need
to find out if some type of permission is required to record widely known
klezmer tunes by 20th century artists like Kramtweiss and Tarras. If so,
how does one go about obtaining that permission? Is there a central
facility with particular knowledge of klezmer that can dispense
"permissions" to record? (In other words, do all of you klez recording
stars spend lots of time on the phone taking care of this stuff before you
market you CDs?). Anyway, you get the gist of my questions. I'd appreciate
any suggestions.

Andy Rubin

<<application/ms-tnef>>

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->