Shloinke garage-klezmer CD release

Shalom, y'all.

Chicago's most flamboyantly crunchy klezmer band, *SHLOINKE*, kicks off the
Rhino in Winter theater festival with their CD release party. The self-titled
CD was years in the making and captures the varied range of Shloinke's wit,
wisdom, musical adventurism and chutzpa.

The cheap and thrilling all-ages show starts at 8pm Sunday, February 1 at the
Lunar Cabaret. 2827 N Lincoln Av, (773) 327-6666

Our drummer, Sarah Allen, who also plays with Blue Man Group and Bobby Conn,
will be celebrating not having to work the next day for the first time in a
long time. Singer/guitarist Jeff Dorchen -- aka Jewboy Cain -- will be
celebrating Groundhog Day Eve. Violinist Julie Gitl Pomerleau, who also plays
with Bobby Conn as well as  various other combinations of great musicians,
will be celebrating being so great. David Boychicken Buchez, clarinet as well
as actor with Theater Oobleck, graphic artist, and co-editor of the quarterly
journal on colonialism, Mucho Coco, will be celebrating his incomparable
height. Trombonist Tim Peterson, also of Pine Top Seven, and proprietor of Hi-
Fi Records -- all vinyl all the time, 2570 N Clark - (773) 880-1002 -- will be
celebrating something he'll either announce at the show, invent, or he just
won't be celebrating anything other than just being there. Bassist Tony Atoms,
who runs the website, makes Milly's Orchid Show what it is, plays with another
band or else doesn't, and does about a million other laudable things, will be
celebrating something similar to what Tim will be celebrating.

Please do come. We will shower you with joy. Wash together with regular
laundry load to remove stains.

If you don't want to receive email from this source anymore, send a message to
that effect and you will be promptly taken off my list. This is important cuz
another announcement, about a play by the above-mentioned Jeff Dorchen, will
be sent out soon, and I really don't want to annoy anyone.

Please forward this to any and all interested parties.

Be of good cheer.

the above-mentioned jeff dorchen

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->