Re: a fine alto-flute player

Itsik-Leyb wrote:

>Marcus Bishko of the Alaska Klezmer Ensemble has done an admirable
>job of reviving klezmer flute - the Massachusetts band "Klezamir"
>also features a fine alto-flute player, whose name I unfortunately
>do not recall.

Reyzl Kalifowicz-Waletzky

There is another flutist who is absolutely remarkable, Adrienne
Greenbaum.  Her solos were one of the best things about Klezkamp
this past year.  Never heard a klezmer sound like that.  I think
that she is a member of the Klezical Tradition, if I remember
correctly.  She also recently started a new klezmer band at Mount
Holyoke College.

Some time after I wrote the above lines, I realized I had forgotten
to mention Adrienne. You're absolutely right, Reyzl, she is great.

Itzik-Leyb

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->