Re: 20 ISRAELI COMPOSERS

I have examined this book in detail.  It is simply tremendous.  It is
clearly the best source of information on Israeli composers!

The topic of Israeli music and its composers is woefully understudied.
I have searched for years for useful information on a handful of
Israeli composers.  In the end, I find only bare facts:  date of birth,
prizes, and compositions.  Fleisher's manuscript provides what is
available in no other source:  first person accounts of composers'
lives and music.

Dan

  + Daniel Kazez, Associate Professor of Music
  + Wittenberg University, Springfield, Ohio 45501-0720 USA
  + kazez (at) wittenberg(dot)edu   tel: 937-327-7354   fax: 937-327-6340
  +     http://www.cello.org/cnc/jewish.htm

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->