Re: Music written in the DP camps

JeffSchan wrote:

> I just got an e-mail from someone at the US Holocaust Memorial Museum.  They
> are doing a conference on the Displaced Persons camps in 1999, and may try to
> do a CD of music written in the DP camps.  Does anyone know of any pieces
> written in DP camps?  The only music I am familiar with is that written in the
> concentration camps like Thereisienstadt, Messaien's Quartet for the End of
> Time and a few others.  If anyone has any leads, please pass them on to me.
>
> Jeffrey Schanzer

Jeff --

Please keep me posted on this project. If it comes off, I would love to
do a story on it. In fact, if the recording takes place in NY or nearby,
I would love to do something about the making of the CD.

Happy Hanukah,
George Robinson
--
"And it does no harm to repeat, as often as you can, 'Without
me the literary industry would not exist: the publishers, the

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->