Re: somewhat pure klezmer

At 01:36 PM 8/8/97 -0700, Solidarity Foundation wrote:

>On Thu, 7 Aug 1997, Solidarity Foundation wrote:

<big snip>

>All of these musical traditions develop and change, add new elements and
>lose old ones, etc. But I think you'll find among the Eastern European
>ones (just to keep it to those more closely related to klezmer) a certain
>anxiety that things may be changing too fast. I recommend taking a look
>at an excellent book _May It Fill Your Soul_ by Tim Rice, which deals
>with these kinds of questions. Why the anxiety? Because folk music is
>part of the "felt" definition of who we are -- I mean our own folk music.

This was a fascinating post. A specific question about the book by Tim Rice
-- does it deal with Klezmer music changing too fast, World music changing
too fast, or things in general changing too fast?

Thanks for the clarification,

Joel

Joel Bresler
100 Longwood Avenue, #3
Brookline, MA 02146
Home:   617-277-8344
Home Office:    617-278-9753
FAX:            617-278-9753
Email:          jbresler (at) ultra(dot)net

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->