ADMINISTRATIVA: RCPT messages

Sorry to interrupt the discussion of music with administrativa,
but I wanted to let people know what caused the "RCPT" messages
and how to prevent it. Resident Shamash wizard, David Rosenthal
has identified the source as a feature of Pegasus. If the original
message is sent using Pegusus mail, it frequently contains a mail
header line such that when any other user who has pegusus mail
reads the message causes their pegusus mail to gerenrate a RCPT:
message.

I am compiling a FAQ for users of the mailing list, and will
include this issue on it (and obviously, users of Pegasus
mail should beware). I have also asked the shamash admin folks
to find a way to filter such messages, just as we now do to
catch most "I'm away from my desk" messages. While the best
way to prevent problems is to always be aware and alert, the
list should also help cover for the fact that mistakes happen.

If there are further questions on this subject, do please feel
free to send me personal e-mail.

ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com