Re: Yiddush theater music

You asked:

         Wasn't "Yidle mit un Fidle" a Yiddish talkie from Poland 1930's?
        I think my father mentioned this once.  If so, is this film available?

Anthony Souza
President, Hillel
California State University, Fresno

Yes, "Yiddele" is a delightful little musical comedy starring Molly Picon in
what is in large part a trouser role as one of a group of itinerant musicians
(klezmorim, of course!) in Poland between the wars. It is available on tape from
the National Center for Jewish Film at Brandeis University and from Ergo Media.
Highly recommended!

George Robinson

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->