Jewish Entert. Agents

I don't want to open up a can of worms with this one but...

Does anyone have any WISDOM to share about Jewish Enterainment
brokers/agents/agencies.  I'm sure that any of you who travel with your
act have had some good, bad and ugly experiences that you may be able to
share.

Are there particular regional agencies that you would suggest that I get
in contact with?  Any national/international ones?  Any that I should
avoid completely?

Since we currently are a self-managing unit.  Our travels stem from our
recording, word-of-mouth, and some direct-mail/targeted marketing on my
part... but that only takes you so far.

To give you a little background about my group.  We are LISTEN UP! A
CAPPELLA, a unique close-harmony vocal group.  We have a repertoire of
over 80 songs, singing a FUNKY (and I mean it) mix of Jewish stuff -
Yiddish, Klezmer (sans instruments!), Humorous, Israeli, American-folk
(i.e. Safam, Debbie F.) as well as the full spectrum of "classic" a
cappella (barbershop, jazz, do-wop, rock, motown, etc...).  We like
turning styles on their head (i.e. Tum Balalaika as a Brubeck tune, Dodi
Li as a country-western song) and include a lot of humor.  Our vocal style
is very "instrumental" in approach -- meaning that you might be afraid of
us if you met us in a dark alley.  We use vocal percussion, dynamic
arrangements and a lot of energy to convey a love of Judaism.  We have a
mixed and an all male quartet available.

Thanks for your help.

Steve Singer

LISTEN UP! HOMEPAGE:

http://orion.it.luc.edu/~ssinger/third.html