shalom amigos

        I recently joined ths list and am not surprised that most of the
events that are mentioned occur in the New York / East Coast area.  Well,
does anybody out there know of any upcoming performances in California?  I
heard that there is supposed to be a big klezmer fest in L.A. this month,
but have heard very little.  Danny Sanderson will be in San Francisco
on the 14th and Palo Alto (at Stanford) on the 13th.  I've been
promoting him on my Jewish radio program here at Fresno State. Figure I
might as well let you know too.  Also, I am interested in booking a
klezmer band for my campus. Does anybody have any advise for a guy
wandering in the desert?

Anthony Souza
President, Hillel
California State University, Fresno