Re: Naftule Brandwein CD

>The long-awaited collection of 25 historic recordings of the legendary
>klezmer clarinetist Naftule Brandwein has just been released by Rounder
>Records.
>Co-produced by Henry Sapoznik and Richard Spottswood, with an in-depth
>biography of Brandwein by Henry Sapoznik, the CD contains  rare 78 rpm discs
>recorded between the years1922-1941which have been brilliantly remastered.
>Copies can be ordered for $15 (plus $3.50 p/h) from Living Traditions 430 W.
>14th St #514 New York NY 10014.

I'd like to chime in and note that not only is this incredible
klez, but the remastering and liner notes on this are superb.
Even in January it's not to early to call this one of the best
klez albums of the year. What an amazing musician! What a sound!

=This= is what reissues should be--sound so good and current that
what you really notice is how good the music is and find yourself
dancing.

Look for a review on my klez pages soon
   http://www.well.com/user/ari/klez/

ari