Re: Top Ten Music list for 96

I listened to the entire Dana Mase tape. If she is an Orthodox Jew I
would like to know what Jewish influences exist there. Certainly there
were no traditional texts, nothing in Hebrew and I (on one hearing)
didn't hear any hint of any Jewish motifs.  I have not heard any
definition of Jewish Music (no matter how broad) that would include this
recording as Jewish Music.

I applaud those who have information about performers who are writing or
performing or recording Jewish music on this list.  Pop performers who
happen to be Jewish do not belong here.

Cantor Sheldon M. Levin
slevin (at) mciunix(dot)mciu(dot)k12(dot)pa(dot)us

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->